Most businesses would agree that manually generating B2B leads can be an uphill battle.
However, by leveraging the right strategies and digital tools, your business can tap into a steady flow of qualified leads.
In this post, we’ll explore proven methods for generating B2B leads online, with a focus on SaaS platforms that can dramatically streamline lead gen and nurturing to fuel business growth.
Introduction to Online B2B Lead Generation
Generating high-quality B2B leads online can be challenging, but leveraging the right SaaS tools can streamline the process and improve results. This article provides an overview of key strategies for online B2B lead generation, with a focus on automation and optimization.
Understanding the B2B Lead Generation Landscape
A qualified B2B lead is someone who has shown interest in your product or service and fits your ideal customer profile. Key elements of the B2B lead generation process include:
- Identifying your target audience and buyer personas
- Creating relevant, valuable content to attract your audience
- Building an effective inbound marketing strategy with tools like blogging, SEO, email, and social media
- Using lead capture forms and calls-to-action to convert website visitors into leads
- Qualifying and nurturing leads through targeted follow-up campaigns
The Role of Digital Tools in Lead Generation
Manual lead generation efforts like cold calling and emailing can be very time consuming. Data quality is also a common issue. Leveraging digital tools can optimize the lead generation process:
- Lead intelligence tools like Leadfeeder and Datanyze identify and capture B2B leads by tracking company website activity. This allows for highly targeted, relevant follow-up.
- Landing page and form builders like LeadPages and Jotform make it easy to create customized lead capture forms, helping convert more traffic into leads.
- Marketing automation platforms like ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp streamline lead nurturing and follow-up communication at scale.
Leveraging the right digital tools is key for automating and optimizing online B2B lead generation, saving time while improving results.
What are the ways to generate B2B leads online?
Generating high-quality B2B leads online requires having an effective lead generation strategy in place. Here are some of the most important ways to get started:
Use Content Marketing to Attract Prospects
Content marketing involves creating blog posts, ebooks, case studies, and other informative content to attract potential customers. By optimizing this content for relevant keywords, you can drive organic traffic from search engines. Useful, engaging content also helps establish your company as a trusted expert.
For example, an IT services company could create troubleshooting guides and IT security tips to bring in leads looking for those solutions.
Leverage Paid Advertising
Paid ads like Google Ads, LinkedIn ads, and Facebook ads allow you to target your ideal customer profile with relevant messaging. Retargeting past visitors to your site can also help convert more leads.
Set up A/B testing for your ads and landing pages to optimize performance. Track lead quality over time and adjust targeting as needed.
Network on Social Media
Having an active presence on social networks like LinkedIn and Twitter enables you to directly connect with prospects in your industry. Share content and participate in relevant conversations to build relationships.
You can also run lead generation campaigns on these platforms. For instance, LinkedIn Lead Gen Forms let visitors request content offers without leaving LinkedIn.
Build Referral Programs
Referrals convert at higher rates since they come from a trusted source. Create ambassador, affiliate, or partner programs to incentivize referrals from existing happy customers, industry influencers, and complementary businesses.
Make referral sign-up seamless and offer attractive rewards. Automate notifications and tracking using referral software.
By combining these tactics, you can generate more qualified B2B leads online over time. Continually test and refine your process.
Where can I find B2B sales leads?
There are several effective methods for generating quality B2B sales leads online:
Creating useful content like blog posts, ebooks, and webinars that provides value to your target audience. This helps build trust and capture contacts for your sales pipeline. According to ecommerce-platforms.com, 93% of B2B buying processes start with an online search.
Whitepapers & Case Studies
In-depth reports and success stories are highly valued in B2B sales. They establish your authority and expertise. Offer gated access to these assets in exchange for contact details.
Interactive online events are an engaging content format. Promote your webinar and collect registrations to generate sales leads. Consider repurposing webinar content into other formats too.
Publishing regular blogs allows you to rank for industry keywords. This draws organic traffic and gives you a platform to promote calls-to-action. Encourage email subscriptions and downloads in exchange for access to exclusive content.
Web Visitor Identification
Leverage platforms like LinkedIn to connect with prospects, demonstrate expertise, and build relationships that convert into sales.
Advertising and Traffic Generation
Paid platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook and Google Ads allow you to target your audience precisely based on attributes like job title, company, and interests. Drive qualified traffic to capture leads.
The key is to implement a range of inbound and outbound tactics, track performance, double down on what works, and continuously optimize efforts. This multi-channel approach delivers the best quality B2B leads over time.
How much should you pay for B2B leads?
When investing in B2B lead generation, it’s important to set a reasonable budget that aligns with your revenue goals. Industry experts recommend allocating 7-8% of your company’s revenue specifically for lead gen activities.
This budget should cover expenses like:
- Lead generation tools and software
- Content creation and distribution
- Paid advertising and campaigns
- Landing page and funnel optimization
The exact amount will depend on factors like:
- Your profit margins and revenue targets
- Current conversion rates
- Cost per lead in your industry
- Competitor spending on lead generation
Here are a few tips for getting the most value from your B2B lead gen budget:
- Start small and test different channels before committing your full budget. Measure cost per lead and conversion rates.
- Prioritize quality over quantity – focus budget on proven lead sources and optimize for higher conversion rates.
- Allocate budget across multiple strategies – content, SEM, social ads, etc. Diversify lead sources.
- Track lead quality with scoring systems. Adjust budget allocation accordingly.
Investing adequately in lead generation today can pay dividends through accelerated revenue growth and reduced customer acquisition costs over time. Continually assess performance to refine budget allocation.
How can I get B2B leads for free?
Here are 4 effective ways to generate free B2B leads for your small business:
1. Look inside your inbox
A lot of business interactions happen over email. Review conversations with prospective clients who expressed interest but did not convert. Follow up with them to restart the sales process.
2. Ask for customer referrals
Request references from existing happy customers. Offer them an incentive to refer your services to their network.
3. Employee referrals
Encourage staff to share business references by highlighting referral successes. Consider an employee referral program.
4. Website contact forms
Add a contact form to your site allowing visitors to express interest. Offer content upgrades for form completions.
To maximize free leads, combine multiple lead generation techniques. Develop quality content to attract organic traffic. Use analytics to identify high-intent visitors to nurture into leads. Though lead generation has costs, with creativity you can generate business leads without spending money.
SEO-Driven Website Optimization for Lead Generation
Generating leads online requires an integrated approach across multiple areas of your website. By optimizing individual pages for lead capture, conducting keyword research to attract qualified traffic, and deploying dedicated landing pages, you can maximize website conversions.
Keyword Research for Targeted Traffic
Choosing the right keywords is crucial for bringing visitors to your site who are already interested in your offering. Research terms related to your products using tools like SEMrush or Google’s Keyword Planner. Target long-tail variations like "saas lead generation software" rather than just "lead generation". Prioritize keywords with good search volume and low competition. Optimizing content for these terms will result in higher-quality traffic.
Enhancing On-Page SEO for Lead Capture
Once you’ve selected key terms, use them appropriately throughout relevant pages. Follow on-page best practices like:
- Including the focus keyword in the page’s title and H1 heading
- Using the keyword in the first 100 words of page content
- Adding related keywords in subheadings (H2, H3 tags)
- Ensuring a good keyword density of 1-3%
Also optimize page elements like images, links, and CTAs for conversions.
Deploying Lead Capture Tools on Your Site
Dedicated landing pages outperform general website pages for capturing leads through email signups, contact forms, live chats etc. Embed lead gen elements like:
- Email opt-in forms
- Contact request forms
- Live chat widgets
- Appointment booking widgets
Tailor forms to the page’s intent, offer lead magnets for more conversions.
Utilizing Free Landing Page Builders for Quick Setup
Tools like LeadPages, OptinMonster and ConvertFlow let you easily build landing pages integrated with your site. Benefits include:
- Professional templates
- Drag and drop editors
- Integrations with CRMs, email services
- Lead capture and analytics
Leverage these to create targeted pages that convert your best traffic into leads.
How to Generate B2B Leads on LinkedIn
LinkedIn can be a powerful platform for B2B lead generation when used strategically. Here are some key tactics:
Crafting a LinkedIn Strategy for B2B Engagement
- Ensure your personal and company profiles are complete and optimized to attract your target audience
- Include relevant keywords in your profile and share content that aligns with your ideal customer’s interests
- Join LinkedIn groups related to your industry to increase visibility
Mastering LinkedIn Sales Navigator for Lead Generation
- Sales Navigator allows you to identify key decision makers and discover new prospects based on advanced filters
- You can save leads and integrate Sales Navigator with your CRM to streamline outreach
- Automate messages to new prospects and set up alerts to notify you of trigger events for timely outreach
Content Marketing: A Pathway to LinkedIn Leads
- Publish regular blog posts, articles, and other content on LinkedIn to position yourself as a thought leader
- Promote your content across LinkedIn groups and to your network
- Include calls-to-action in your content to convert visitors into leads
Networking and Sales Prospecting on LinkedIn
- Connect with prospects by referencing shared connections or content in customized outreach messages
- Focus on personalization and adding value rather than aggressive sales pitches
- Participate actively in discussions and offer helpful advice to organically attract potential customers
Consistent, strategic use of LinkedIn including content publishing and targeted sales prospecting activities can generate quality B2B leads over time. Integrating tools like Sales Navigator optimizes the process.
Email Marketing Software for B2B Lead Nurturing
Segmentation and Personalization with Email Campaigns
Effectively segmenting your leads allows you to group them based on common attributes and behaviors. This enables you to craft targeted messaging and experiences.
Start by identifying key lead attributes to segment on. Common options include:
- Company size
- Job title/role
- Pages visited
- Content downloads
- Form submissions
- LinkedIn profile data
You can then develop personalized email campaigns, landing pages, and content for each segment.
For example, you may group leads by industry and send industry-specific nurture emails. Or segment by job title to deliver role-based content.
Automating Follow-ups with ActiveCampaign and MailChimp
Once you have your segments, marketing automation platforms like ActiveCampaign and MailChimp make it easy to set up automated nurture workflows.
You can create sequences that:
- Send targeted emails when a lead matches a segment
- Trigger actions based on behaviors
- Schedule timely follow-ups
This eliminates manual efforts while delivering a personalized experience.
For instance, you could automatically enroll a lead in a nurture campaign if they download a certain asset. Or send a follow-up if they haven’t opened an email in 7 days.
Analyzing Email Performance with Marketing Analytics
Crucial metrics to track include:
- Open rates
- Clickthrough rates
- Unsubscribe rates
- Bounce rates
- Sales cycle length
Monitoring these KPIs allows you to identify top performing segments and campaigns. You can double down on what works while optimizing or pausing poorer performers.
Ongoing analysis ensures you continually refine and improve results over time.
Integrating CRM for Enhanced Lead Management
Integrating your email marketing platform with a CRM centralizes lead data. This provides enhanced visibility into multi-channel lead activity.
You gain a unified profile that tracks engagement across email, website, social, ads, and more. This powers more intelligent segmentation and campaign targeting.
It also ensures marketing and sales have full context on each lead. This alignment helps accelerate deals through improved hand-offs and transparency.
In summary, a CRM-connected approach is invaluable for managing email nurtured leads. It delivers the data and coordination required for sales readiness.
SaaS Tools for Streamlined B2B Lead Generation
SaaS tools provide software-as-a-service solutions to help companies streamline their B2B lead generation and convert more leads into customers. Here is an overview of some key categories of SaaS tools that can drive greater efficiency and results.
Exploring B2B Lead Generation Tools and Platforms
Platforms like LeadPages and Unbounce make it easy to create high-converting landing pages, lead capture forms, pop-ups, and other assets to generate more leads. Their drag-and-drop editors allow you to quickly build custom pages optimized for lead conversion without coding.
Other valuable platforms in this category include:
- OptinMonster – Create popups, slide-ins, banners to convert site traffic into leads
- Hello Bar – Display calls-to-action across site to capture more leads
- LeadQuizzes – Build quizzes to engage visitors and generate leads
These no-code tools make lead generation more efficient by streamlining creation of converting assets.
Implementing Marketing Automation for Efficiency
Key features include:
- Email marketing to nurture leads with sequences
- Landing page and form builders
- CRM and lead organization
- Workflows and segmentation
This enables personalized, automated lead nurturing for sales efficiency.
CRM and Lead Management Software for Organized Growth
ZoomInfo offers lead enrichment by appending missing data like email addresses and phone numbers to inbound leads. Complete lead records result in higher quality outreach and conversions.
These platforms organize lead data for transparency between marketing and sales for consistent follow-ups.
Leveraging Webinars and Everwebinar for Lead Acquisition
Webinars are an excellent medium for lead generation by offering valuable content to convert interested visitors into leads. Platforms like EverWebinar make hosting webinars simple at scale.
- Deliver educational talks to attract niche audiences
- Capture lead details in exchange for content access
- Build authority and trust through expertise
Following up webinar signups with nurturing helps further convert leads. Webinars require promotion but enable qualified lead acquisition.
Conclusion: Key Strategies for B2B Lead Generation Success
Revisiting the Challenges of Manual Lead Generation
Manual lead generation can be tedious and time-consuming. Recruiters typically need to search multiple job boards, scrape contact details, enrich data, and manually reach out via email or phone. This process is inefficient and often yields low-quality leads.
Emphasizing the Impact of SaaS Tools on B2B Growth
SaaS tools like Jobleads can automate parts of the lead generation process to help businesses scale growth. Key benefits include:
- Job Scraping & Enrichment: Automatically collect targeted job listings from across the web and enrich with relevant contact details. Saves hours of manual searching and data entry.
- Lead Filtering: Apply custom filters to get only the most relevant leads – by role, company, location etc. Reduces wasted efforts chasing bad leads.
- Email Outreach Automation: Schedule and send customized email campaigns to batches of prospects. Increases efficiency and enables personalization at scale.
- Lead Nurturing: Continue conversations with prospects by setting up automated email follow-up sequences. Helps convert more leads into customers.
- Real-Time Notifications: Get new leads and outreach updates sent to communication apps like Slack. Enables quick prioritization and follow-up on hot leads.
- Analytics: Track lead progress and monitor campaign performance. Identify optimization opportunities to continually improve results.
SaaS lead generation tools are invaluable for recruitment agencies, SaaS companies, marketing agencies and more. They eliminate tedious manual processes to deliver higher lead quality and conversion rates.